Pages

...keeps the blues away.

Our journey to parenthood.

Friday, March 1, 2013

CD11/Treatment Day 9

I missed posting the past couple days but I'll let you know what's been going on.
On Wednesday, I went into the clinic for my monitoring appointment. When I went in for bloodwork, the tech hit a nerve in my arm, and OH MY GOD did that hurt! I guess my arm bounced when she hit it and the needle came out a bit, but she was able to keep it in there, then she had to push it further in and reposition it, which also hurt like a motherf***er.
As for the ultrasound, there were still only 10 follicles in total, not what I was hoping for but I guess it will do. My acupuncturist told me after that all we need is one good one and that made me feel better. So there were three follicles that were 17mm, and the rest were still kind of small, so they put me on Cetrotide for Wednesday and Thursday night to slow those bigger ones down and let the others catch up.
I really don't like the Cetrotide. It's 3mL of liquid injected subcutaneously, with causes a huge bump under the skin and it is itchy and sore for awhile. But I'm done with that now.

So today, I went in for monitoring again. It was so busy in the clinic today, there weren't enough seats for everyone. But I was #12 in line, so I didn't have to wait very long. Bloodwork went pretty smoothly today, considering my crappy veins, so that was good.
The ultrasound showed that 5 follicles are bigger than the others; they were at 20, 21, 21, 21, and 23mm. The rest were smaller, with the smallest being only 13mm. So that wasn't very good news. They want me to trigger tonight, so as not to lose the big ones.

So I will trigger tonight, then go in Sunday morning for egg retrieval. I'm nervous, but excited.
Anyone who is reading this, please pray for me that we get a lot of eggs out and everything goes smoothly. Thanks.
______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment