Pages

...keeps the blues away.

Our journey to parenthood.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Alberta winter = boots

So because I live in Alberta, Canada, it is necessary for me to wear my Ugg-style boots to work most days. Today I saw the temperature was supposed to be a high of 0 degrees Celsius. Whoopee! That's DAMN warm for January! So what do I do? I decide it's a good idea to wear my flats (with no socks) to work today. Well, on my way to work at around 12:30pm, the radio gives me a lovely announcement: there is a heavy snowfall warning for today, and it should start around 5pm. That's awesome since I am working until 9pm tonight so there should be a lovely amount of snow when I go outside. Of course, when I went out to my car just after 9, I am met with a great present. I didn't even have time to brush the snow off my car before my feet froze off. Just a lesson to myself not to wear flats in the winter time in Alberta. You'd think I would have learned this by now seeing as I've lived my whole life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment