Pages

...keeps the blues away.

Our journey to parenthood.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Start of our IVF journey

Ok, so I had a 31 day cycle, and then got AF on Tuesday Feb. 19. So this morning (Feb. 21), we went to the Fertility Clinic for a baseline ultrasound and bloodwork to start this cycle.
The ultrasound was good, everything looked as it should. I am prescribed Gonal-F 300 units/day and Luveris 75 units/day, for 5 days. I will go back into the clinic on Feb. 25 for ultrasound and bloodwork again. Depending on how the eggs are growing, I may have to start an Antagonist, called Cetrotide, to slow down the growth of some of the follicles so they are all around the same size.

So, I did my first injection tonight of a Gonal-F/Luveris solution. When I used Gonal-F for the IUIs, it made me pretty sick and the highest dose I was ever on was 150 units. Now I'm on twice as much. We'll see what happens with these meds/doses.

Crossing my fingers I respond well and quickly to the meds.

________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment